The American Cancer Society in Utah has three (3) exciting internship opportunities available in our Income/Community Development department. The Special Events Interns assist our community managers in the planning and execution of community events. Portfolios can range from pediatric cancer research, breast cancer awareness and survivor support. We are looking for interns to be working about 10 hours per week. Remote work is a strong possibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gain thorough knowledge of the American Cancer Society’s efforts in volunteer involvement and event planning
- Improve event planning processes and assist with implementation of logistics and other event needs
- Maintain and Develop Content for social media pages
- Make contacts and market events at schools, community and faith-based organizations for successful and ongoing event management
- Research and contact businesses regarding placement of event posters and point of purchase distribution
- Gather and maintain prospect information in event database
- Contact local businesses for donations and other logistical needs
- Helping to plan monthly team captain and committee meetings; implement marketing and advertising in targeted communities; contact local service organizations; coordinate volunteers; help recruit new volunteers; stewardship tracking; team engagement; develop and distribute press releases for newspapers, church bulletins etc.
Apply through BYU’s Handshake at https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3706837?ref=open-in-new-tab&search_id=6086fb11-f19c-48f1-afe0-d39f5099198d