- Minimum Salary USD $12.00/Hr.
- Maximum Salary USD $15.00/Hr.
- Post End Date 3/29/2020
- Location US-UT-Salt Lake City
Under direction of the Civic Engagement Specialist, incumbent supports the Engineering Division in public information and community outreach efforts for residents, businesses, and city employees. Assists in facilitating and promoting street reconstruction information and community initiatives with a focus on developing content for the division and attending community tabling events.
This job is designed to provide students with paid professional experience to further their education and training and is academically oriented for the student’s benefit. To qualify students must be enrolled in an accredited school program related to the type of work they are expected to perform.
Positions will terminate upon completion of the internship period. Incumbents may deal with confidential information, which is expected to be maintained as confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis with city employees and elsewhere when authorized by the intern’s Engineering Division supervisor.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team setting and representing the Engineering Division Team.
- Developing outreach materials explaining street reconstruction projects as assigned. Connecting with business owners, residents, property owners, and others to explain new city projects.
- Conducting research on engagement projects and policies in other cities; comfort with both telephone interviewing and online information gathering.
- Assisting in general or project-specific public outreach including outreach booths / tables, public meetings, door-to-door flyers, and web-based information and surveys.
- Monitoring and/or assessing engagement methods, including reporting.
- Working with neighborhood and community groups.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Comfortable with City and Department policies and procedures.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, although summer internships may not require concurrent enrollment if the student is in good standing with the educational institution. Two years of undergraduate education (junior or senior status) preferred.
- Possess a valid driver license.
- Comfortable interacting with the general public.
- Graphic design or communications, to develop visually attractive materials focused on specific projects. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite desired and social media platforms.
- Fluency in a different language such as Spanish, Chinese, Tongan, etc.
- Research of a non-academic nature – gathering information from the public sector, the general public, etc.