More Clearlink internships at http://englishinternships.byu.edu/?p=3733
As an Outreach Intern, you’ll sit right at the intersection of PR and SEO. You’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of talented marketers to tell your brand’s story through the creation and promotion of newsworthy, industry-leading content. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with relevant publishers, journalists, bloggers, and industry experts. You’ll work with some of the world’s largest websites to promote and digitally extend the reach of your brand.
The summer internship program is 10 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a leading provider of content and conversion services.
Applicants will be notified the third week of March if they will be moving forward in the interview process.
Our ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver with a deep understanding of online communities. You know that no matter what the subject, there is a group of people on the internet who are passionate about it, and you know how to find them. You have that rare combination of technical ability and exceptional communication and would be just as comfortable giving an interview to a journalist as you would be manipulating data in Excel. You’re as persistent as you are persuasive and can always find a way to “yes”. You could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves, via email. You have an innate sense of intellectual curiosity that drives your need to be constantly learning and taking on new challenges. You’re intrinsically motivated and do what it takes reach your goals. You work well in a fast-paced team environment and enjoy creating rewarding relationships with the people that you work with. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
- Each intern will have a chance to learn about the basics of both Paid and Earned Media. Your primary focus, however, will be on the Earned side with a focus on Outreach and Digital PR.
- Each intern will support our brands in various marketing capacities.
- Each intern will participate in a group project to assist with the strategy and framework of our growing organization.
- Perform outreach to website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers
- Build outreach email lists for content promotion campaigns
- Create content with outreach and PR potential
- Pitch and place content with top-tier publications via networking and relationship building
- Track and report progress to managers and clients
- Improve site rankings and increase brand awareness through outreach and digital PR
- Must be a Junior or Senior—prefer graduating Seniors
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. Clearlink has been recognized as a great place to work with awards such as Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50, Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List, Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplaces, Utah Chapter of the American Marketing Association – Internal Campaign, and many more.