Apply at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org/Public/Search.aspx and search for Posting ID ID 252379.
Posting Dates: 02/13/2020 – 02/27/2020
Department: Church History Department
Assist the Library Division of the Church History Department in processing incoming documents from local Church units. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in libraries.
This is a paid internship, which is anticipated to last one year (12 months). This position is a part-time (approximately 28 hours per week) hourly, nonexempt position. The candidate must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from (within the last 12 months), an undergraduate- or graduate-degree program.
The Processing Intern will be responsible to fulfill the following tasks:
- Provide assistance to full-time processing and cataloging staff including processing newly acquired items.
- Process incoming documents from local church units
- Update catalog records
- Enter, validate, and verify information in electronic databases
- Correspond with local unit leaders regarding their submissions
- Develop expertise with the cataloging systems to capture descriptive metadata
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with PC computers; good understanding of basic computer software: MS Word, Excel, databases
- Sensitivity to information of a confidential nature and respect for the privacy of individuals
- High level of typing accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, solve problems, and seek feedback
- Interest in working in a library environment
- Willingness to dress and present oneself appropriately
- Good communication skills and a pleasing personality