Bonneville International is a leader in broadcasting and has been for over 50 years. Bonneville strives to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and/or operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL 5, in Salt Lake.
We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION OBJECTIVE: KSL NewsRadio is offering a paid internship for Summer 2020. We are looking for students or those transitioning back into the field, who interested in learning opportunities where they can broaden their broadcasting education in real-time.
PURPOSE: This internship will give participants insight into the operations of a newsroom and opportunities to grow and learn as a journalist.
- Needs to be working toward a degree at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute, or looking to re-enter the workforce after an extended absence.
- Prefer someone working towards a degree in broadcast journalism or equivalent. The applicant needs to be in good academic standing if enrolled in a university or college.
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter.
- Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, production and conversational skills. Clarity, efficiency and factualness are mission-critical.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and sources.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
- Persons participating in the KSL NewsRadio internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate an internship at any time.
- The final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The internship will cover a semester/term period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week up to 150 hours per term, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern and the hiring manager.