BYU Athletics is looking to hire 3-5 students to work in the BYU Athletic Communications office for the 2020-2021 school year.
Start date is Summer term (possible to also start Spring term or Fall semester pending circumstances).
Hours: Spring and Summer terms (20-40 hours/week); Fall and Winter semesters (20 hours/week)
- Serve as primary public relations contact for select BYU teams
- Coordinate media interviews with coaches and student-athletes
- Host members of the media at home events
- Collaborate with opponent schools and conference personnel to promote home and road events
- Research and write content for BYUcougars.com and other publications
- Help coordinate and implement social media strategies and create social media content
- Write news releases, feature articles and award nominations; maintain assigned team’s website
- Track statistics and trends; generate promotional materials and pitch story ideas
- Provide assistance for sports such as football, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s volleyball and baseball.
- In addition to office responsibilities, work at assigned BYU sporting events.
- Evening and weekend work required. Potential travel for championship events.
*Good writing skills, preferably news writing experience and AP Style proficiency.
*Social media and sports knowledge preferred.
*Must be able to work weekend and evening sporting events.
*Some knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
*Strong work ethic and ability to work alone and in a group.
*Professional attitude working with coaches, student-athletes and members of the media.
Submit cover letter, resume, 2-3 writing samples and 2-3 references (w/contact info) or any questions to:
BYU Athletic Communications