The Best Friends Salt Lake City Marketing Intern will help plan, create and post social media content and seek local collaborations that help promote the mission of Best Friends in Utah.
Best Friends Lifesaving Center
2005 S 1100 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Reports to Amy Davila Sanchez, Communications Manager, Mountain West Region
Hours: 15-20 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks. Schedule flexible.
· Learn elements of successful marketing and social media campaigns to promote adoption, fostering, volunteering and transport programs.
· Social media strategy and content that helps promote Best Friends in Utah.
· Develop successful community events and partnerships that spread awareness of Best Friends in Utah.
· Partner with the Marketing Specialist in creating a social media strategic plan & schedule to submit to the Communications and Outreach Manager for approval.
· Become familiar with Best Friends “voice” & mission
· Visit the Lifesaving Center regularly to meet the animals, take pictures & speak with volunteers & staff to obtain information to incorporate into content
· Engage with two local third party organizations or business. Plan collaborative initiatives and outreach opportunities with them. Support in the execution of these
· Must have good communication skills and be comfortable meeting new people. A knack for storytelling is a must. Must be a strong writer.
· Must have reliable transportation to and from the Lifesaving Center.
· Must love animals and be comfortable interacting with dogs and cats.
· Must be willing to intern on weekends when Best Friends is participating in an event
· Currently studying or graduated with degree in marketing, communications or another related field.
· Must be confident using Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be proficient in social media platforms. Have regular access to email to receive updates & send content.
· Be deadline oriented.
· Have a passion for community engagement & community building.
· Be a self-starter with a strategic vision & a willingness to develop it within a team.
· Be committed to the philosophy of Best Friends’ practices and policies.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “marketing internship”.
See all Best Friends in Utah internship opportunities at