*This is an on-campus student job that could qualify for internship credit. Contact the English Internship Coordinator for credit requirements and information.
Job ID: 87212
The Daily Universe is looking for a writer for Universe publications like TWO magazine, the annual housing guide and the new student edition of the Universe. This employee will write new content, interview sources and fact-check material in a deadline-oriented environment. They must also use organization and leadership skills to ensure publications are produced before deadlines and at high quality. They may be given other assignments as needed. They will work directly with the Universe’s design manager, publication graphic designers, photographers and reporters.
This is a fun job that rewards initiative, teamwork, leadership and time management, an eye for detail, a sense of humor and the ability to write decent sentences. Employees will leave this job with valuable experience for future careers in writing, news media, editing or public relations. Any student may apply, but public relations, news media and English majors are preferred.
- Strong writing skills. News writing experience is preferred.
- Ability to write with a consistent style and good grammar. Experience writing in AP style preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Experience interviewing sources is preferred.
- Strong organization, leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to be organized and detail-oriented while meeting deadlines.
- Creativity and a sense of humor.
Pay begins at $9.50 an hour, but is negotiable depending on skills and experience. Raises are available based on quality of work and dependability.
18 to 20 hours a week. You will set a schedule in consultation with your supervisor. Workers must show regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shifts. Longevity preferred.
Contact Warren K. Bingham (email@example.com) with a resume, cover letter and three writing samples. AP style preferred.
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.