The 2020 IRTS Summer Fellowship will take place in New York City May 31 – August 1, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, December 1st, 11:59pm EST
Expense-Paid Opportunity: Travel, housing, and living allowance included.
Eligibility: Extremely competitive. Students must be college juniors, seniors, or graduate students as of April 2020.
Accomplished students from all majors (including math, computer science, business, marketing, communications, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
The Summer Fellowship Program is the cornerstone program of the IRTS Foundation. Often referred to as a “media boot camp,” this highly selective program teaches a talented group of up-and-coming communicators the realities of the business world through an all-expense-paid internship in New York City, which includes practical experience and career-planning advice.
The IRTS Summer Fellowship Program has had a key role in launching the careers of top professionals in the media business for more than 45 years. This nine-week expense-paid opportunity begins with a comprehensive one-week orientation to cable, broadcasting, advertising, and digital media. Fellows have a rare opportunity to question a stellar line-up of industry leaders at company visits, panel discussions, and negotiation simulations. Following this first week, Fellows gain full-time “real world” experience at New York-based media corporations to which each is assigned for the duration of the Fellowship. Throughout the summer, Fellows also learn how to successfully network by attending industry events and by conducting informational interviews with executives.
Participants emerge from this program with a strong understanding of our entire business, along with carefully honed skills in career planning, resume writing, and interviewing. Fellows are then able to reinforce or redefine specific career goals before starting a career within the media industry.
THOSE SELECTED FOR THE FELLOWSHIP RECEIVE:
- Round trip travel to and from NYC. (air, train, or driving mileage reimbursement)
- Housing at a downtown Manhattan university dormitory in a shared suite setting.
- A living allowance to defray cost of food and personal expenses.
- A full-time internship at a top New York media company that aligns with a student’s interests and career goals.
- Weekly events including panel discussions, company visits and speakers.
- The IRTS Foundation also provides extensive career counseling and networking opportunities to ensure that each student makes the most of this New York experience!
https://irtsfoundation.org/college-programs/summer-fellowship/ to learn more and to apply.