Mothers Without Borders offers hope to orphaned and vulnerable children by nurturing and caring for them as if they were our own. We focus our work in Zambia, Africa where we partner with and support local organizations, empower women, and care for the most vulnerable children. We provide food, housing, and education for children while also offering adult caregivers literacy and business skills training.
The Grant Writing Intern will be responsible for assisting with the entire process of seeking and receiving grant funding. You’ll take initiative and lead on grant proposals and you’ll report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
• Develop a deep understanding of MWB programs in Zambia and become a passionate advocate
• Research new grant opportunities
• Track grant calendar and maintain database
• Draft funding proposals
• Gather information for required reporting
• Assist with creation of accurate budgets
• Assist fundraising team with small events & projects as needed
• Assist in the creation and documentation of policies and procedures to ensure consistent growth
• Train following semester’s interns to pick up where you leave off
• Strong professional writing skills with proven record
• Ability to research applicable grants
• Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Passion for learning grant writing, fundraising, or program management processes for non-profits
• Previous grant writing experience a major plus
You’re driven and can drive your own boat.
• You work independently and are a self-starter. You work just as hard and meticulously by yourself as you do when someone is looking.
You’re passionate about accuracy.
• You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial for a grant to be awarded. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent math, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
You’re organized and diligent.
• You can multitask because you keep things in order. You’re timely. You are willing to put in the time to do it right, even when it is hard.
You’re a team player.
• You can coordinate efforts across departments, and effectively work with others, both internally and externally to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis and know to follow up to ensure everyone’s on the same page.
This opportunity is an unpaid internship.
10-20 hours/week. Some responsibilities can be done remotely, but 5+ hours will be required in our Provo office each week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume along with a short paragraph to email@example.com explaining:
1- Why you are interested in working with Mothers Without Borders?
2- Why you are interested in this position specifically?
3- What makes you uniquely qualified to succeed in this position?