As an Internal Communications Intern, you will play an important role in keeping our employees informed while driving alignment to our company values and goals. This is a paid internship that offers a flexible schedule of up to 30 hours a week, and starts in September.
This role sits in the People and Culture department and reports to the Manager of Internal Communications. You will take on a wide variety of tasks while working closely with stakeholders throughout the organization.
We’re searching for someone that is proactive, collaborative, creative and thoughtful. You get things done, and you do it right — you live and reflect Workfront’s company values. The ideal candidate is passionate about both writing and visual design.
- Serve as primary coordinator of our weekly internal newsletter
- Create articles about our employees, departments, initiatives, and events
- Manage content on our digital monitors to keep employees informed
- Participate in the ongoing, continuous improvement and maintenance of our company intranet
- Produce multimedia assets as needed
- Use the Workfront software to manage your work
- Someone with a background in or working towards a degree in journalism, communications, public relations, business, human resources, advertising or a related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to edit, proof, and revise communications created by others
- Strong interpersonal skills; must enjoy talking with and learning about people and their work
- Ability to create visual and engaging digital assets
- Effective time management and ability to work with minimal supervision
- High level of attention to detail
- Tech savvy; willing and able to learn new software programs (i.e. intranet software such as Igloo or Interact as well as email building and marketing software)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and/or Photoshop)
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Intranet software (Interact preferred)
- Familiarity with video editing software