Posting Dates: 06/21/2019 – 07/05/2019
Department: Seminaries and Institutes of Religion
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the Intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
As an intern, you will be assigned to strategize and implement social media for seminary and institute students. You will also be assigned to email marketing and strategy for two monthly emails sent to seminary and institute teachers. You will be responsible for maintaining social media and email calendars and strategy, writing and developing social media posts, and writing and developing email headings and text.
An applicant for the internship must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university or must have recently finished a degree from an accredited college or university (within six months of beginning the internship).
Applicants with communications, marketing, or English backgrounds are preferred. Other qualifications include:
- At least one semester of college-level content writing experience, such as for a journal or social media platform.
- Strong organization, planning, and management skills
- Strong creativity skills
- Knowledge of social media tactics and strategy
- Knowledge of email tactics and strategy, such as developing headlines and email text
- Sound understanding of Church doctrine, history, organization, and policy.
- The ability to manage many projects simultaneously.
- The ability to give careful attention to detail, sustain concentration for long periods of time, and maintain the highest level of accuracy.
- The ability to work well with people.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.