Posting Dates: 06/17/2019 – 07/01/2019
Department: Office Communication Services
The Church Communication Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented person with strong writing, teamwork, and relationship building skills to join our team as a communications intern.
The internship offers an excellent opportunity for a talented student (or recent graduate) to work alongside the identity and messaging division. This involves compiling data, creating presentations, working with key partners, and assisting with division needs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist with developing communication strategy and improving the organizations relevance, esteem, and perception by key audiences.
The internship is paid and is anticipated to last one year. It is a part time position (28 hours per week), hourly and nonexempt. The candidate must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from (within the last 12 months), an undergraduate in English, communications, public relations, marketing, or journalism. Potential candidates must be willing and able to commit to at least nine months in this position.
- Assist with compiling data and information for presentation and reports to be shared with staff members, general authorities and general officers of the church.
- Provide information to Church’s messaging staff about trends in content marketing, social tool updates, relevant case studies, and examples of ways people are using Church content online.
- Create PowerPoint Presentations and agendas, and be responsible for planning, scheduling, and facilitating meetings.
- Mentor with highly experienced communications professionals
- Build your portfolio
- Become a member of a creative and highly motivated team and culture
- Work in a spiritual and friendly environment with coworkers who have the same standards that you value
- Gain valuable experience and develop skills for your career
- Internship credit available
- Network with experienced staff dedicated, helping you meet your career aspirations
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university studying English, communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or equivalent.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated; self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong writer and good people skills with strengths in building trusted relationships.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, OneDrive, PowerPoint, and using data to create effective presentations.
- Detail oriented, organized, and a hard-working self-starter who takes initiative to get things done.
- Sound understanding of communication best practices, marketing techniques, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and understand people.
- Awareness of diverse cultures and people.
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Willing to be flexible, and take on opportunities to learn and develop skillset
- Prepared to help with division and department needs as they arise
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.