Energy Management Corporation (EMC) currently has a Technical Writer Internship available at our Salt Lake City office. We are a 39 year-old and growing industrial automation company that sells and services electrical motors, drives, and generators.
We are looking for a creative and self-motivated individual to grow our e-commerce (www.vfds.com) audience. The main responsibility for this position will be to increase our web traffic through blog writing at www.vfds.com/blog. The ideal candidate will have experience in writing technical and informative pieces. Technical writers and individuals with electrical engineering background would thrive in this role.
We are looking for a self-motivated, inquisitive individual who is willing to learn our unique technical products. The candidate will work with marketing to drive traffic and improve every aspect of our online presence.
- Create technical written content in different platforms weekly, including but not limited to blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, product reviews, user instructions, manuals, etc.
- Create a content schedule and execute it consistently
- Assist in copywriting for our online store
- Review and revise product manuals with our technicians as needed
- Organize, facilitate, and outsource our content pieces to meet the content schedule
- Manage our online blog (posting, Q&A)
- Oversee comments and questions on our blog and YouTube channels to improve our online presence
- Facilitate social media content sharing
- Provide ideas or suggestions to improve our online presence, reputation, and traffic volume
- Able to provide various writing samples
- Willing to learn technical products with resources at hand
- Comfortable with technical writing or able to facilitate the writing by experts in the electrical engineering field
- Excellent at meeting deadlines by managing, facilitating, and outsourcing
- Electrical engineering background
- Experience in using DSLR cameras
- Experience in creating video content
This is a full-time position with flexible hours, and pay is commensurate with experience.
https://www.emcsolutions.com/careers#TechWI (search for Internship)