SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN NEEDED
This is a part-time (20 hours), paid internship located in downtown Salt Lake City, UT. Duration will be 3 months, or 90 days.
Boncom is an advertising and communications agency. We develop innovative and strategic campaigns both traditionally and in the digital realm. We are fortunate to work for great organizations that are cause-oriented and who strive to do good in the world. Our staff is comprised of exceptionally talented team members who bring these clients’ meaningful messages to life.
We are currently looking for a Social Media Intern to join us. In this role, you will support the social media and influencer marketing team in the execution of social media (SM) and influencer marketing (IM) strategies for Boncom’s clients. You will be responsible for organizing tasks, tracking projects, creating and scheduling content, developing reports, and doing a variety of other assignments to help support the social media (SM) and influencer marketing (IM) team in meeting its deadlines and reaching its goals.
We are especially interested in candidates with graphic design skills.
We are also looking for candidates with Spanish speaking language skills (this is not a requirement).
Specific Social Media and Influencer Marketing Responsibilities:
- Create social media content, which includes copywriting, graphic design, and possible basic video editing.
- Brainstorm SM and IM content ideas and perform industry research as assigned by the team.
- Maintain and regularly update contact databases for influencer network.
- Perform other SM and IM duties as needed by the team.
General Administrative Responsibilities:
- Proactively ask the SM and IM Director and Manager for meaningful ways to add value and provide support.
- Support the daily activity of all assigned jobs/projects by monitoring and communicating statuses to involved parties.
- Ensure the team has all the necessary information and assets needed to complete plans and strategies.
- Collaborate with various internal and external departments to ensure work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Keep an up-to-date calendar of schedules, deadlines, due dates, etc.
- Documents meeting and takes notes to share with necessary team members.
- College students majoring in communications, business, marketing, English, or related fields will be highly considered.
- Demonstrated ability to create graphic design assets with an Adobe Creative Cloud tool.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Skilled writer, including the ability to compose marketing messages published on clients’ social media.
- Excellent verbal communication, both internally (SM/IM team and other departments) and externally (with clients).
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Interest in social media trends and influencer/culture trends.
- Natural collaborator and team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic video editing experience a plus.
If you’re the person we are looking for, please apply! We offer a fantastic place to work, a progressive culture, and awesome work environment with the chance to work on really great projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.