Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Avalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio’s first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a highly motivated Writer intern (temp) to join our Story team. As part of our team, you will work across multiple aspects of the game’s development to help meet all goals of the studio’s current projects.
We are looking for talented and passionate storytellers, preferably with an understanding of current gaming trends.
What part will you play?
- You will work with the story and design teams to create content as needed, adapt text to align with the needs of an existing franchise, and engage in collaboration to develop narrative concepts and pitches.
- The ideal candidate will be a collaborator, someone who is able to engage in an ever-evolving process, respond professionally to feedback and implement changes effectively and in a timely manner.
What do we require from you?
- An understanding of screenwriting, cinematic storytelling, character, plot and dialogue
- A passion for gaming and interactive narrative.
- The ability to collaborate with the story and design groups and maintain positive attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter and creative thinker with fresh ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented and results driven
- A strong grasp of grammar, screenwriting and a consistently styled and polished presentation writing skills are required.