JOB ID: 79606
Hourly Wage: $12-15, based on experience
- Provide public relations support for the Design Department
- Respond to the needs of the chair and faculty as needed
- Compose and publish social media content, marketing materials, and keep current events updated
- Develop various department communication projects.
- Fun, positive attitude
- Preference given to a student majoring in English, Communications or Public relations or a related field
- Must be able to communicate on a professional level with a wide variety of demographic groups—students, faculty, directors, outside VIPs, etc.
- Must have an understanding of marketing/promotion principles and strategies
- Experience writing press releases preferred
- Experience with social media marketing preferred
- Previous experience with standard computer software applications, such as MS Word Office Suite
- A working knowledge of website publishing, Adobe CC and social media outlets is essential
- Must be able to work independently and with a team; self-starter attitude and behavior
- Must be able to take direction from multiple supervisors
- Must be reliable and communicate effectively
- Longevity preferred
- Regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift
- 15-20 hrs/week. Must be able to work between 7:30am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Schedule is somewhat flexible.
- Able to work through the summer
- English or Public relations major preferred with demonstrated successful public relations, social media and website publishing experience or one year equivalent work experience
Application Instructions: Please submit application on-line, a resume, cover letter and resume. Resume should include names and contact information for 2 professional references. In addition, please submit a Communications/Social Media Portfolio, with a minimum of 2 pieces, to Stephanie Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.