Website Content Writer – Job Description
Content Developers, SEO Content Writers
Create relevant and searchable content for websites, blogs, and editorials.
This includes: researching, writing, gathering, organizing, and editing information for publication on websites.
A website content writer or web content writer is a person who specializes in providing relevant content for websites. Content should contain keywords (specific business-related terms, which internet users might use in order to search for services or products) aimed towards improving a website’s SEO. Generally, a website content writer who has got this knowledge of SEO is also referred to as an SEO Content Writer.
- Develop, write content as per the business concept.
- Check for keywords or generate a keyword, and research limitations for the keywords.
- Create or copy edit to inform the reader, and to promote or sell the company, product, or service described in the website.
- Produce content to entice and engage visitors so they continue browsing the current website. The longer a visitor stays on a particular site, the greater the likelihood they will eventually become clients or customers.
- Produce content that is smart in its use of keywords, or is focused on search engine optimization (SEO). This means the text must contain relevant keywords and phrases that are most likely to be entered by users in web searches associated with the actual site for better search engine indexing and ranking.
- Create content that allows the site visitors to get the information they want quickly and efficiently. Efficient and focused web content gives readers access to information in a user-friendly manner.
- Create unique, useful, and compelling content on a topic primarily for the readers and not merely for the search engines.
- Must LOVE to write!
- Ability to write original content based on given topics
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Web Writing Experience
- Experience with SEO
Hours Required: 20 (part-time)
Type of Pay: Hourly – $15/hr
Department: Gargle – Web / Marketing