Join BYU-Pathway as it provides access to higher education wherever the Church is organized. As the writing specialist, you’ll get to tell the story of one of the most unique and fastest-growing organizations in the Church. You will help BYU-Pathway clearly and effectively communicate its offerings and mission to a diverse audience of thousands of students and Church-service missionaries throughout the world. As a member of a professional communication department, you will get to interact with our messaging, digital marketing and design teams and gain meaningful experience applicable to the communication field.
The writing specialist is primarily responsible for generating copy for a variety of messaging, including a blog, newsroom, annual report, promotional materials, email, and text messages. These efforts include interviewing students, missionaries, and employees from around the world; writing news and feature articles; maintaining an editorial calendar; brainstorming social media content; reviewing work with co-workers and supervisors; uploading articles to WordPress.
This position is located in the Triad Center in Salt Lake City, UT, conveniently located a few minutes from the North Temple Frontrunner station.
To be considered for and to serve in this position, candidates must be current CES (BYU, PathwayConnect, LDSBC, or BYU-Idaho (including online)) students.
- Excellent writing, verbal and editing skills
- Studying in Communication or English fields (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the writing process
- Experience conducting interviews
- Ability to follow directions and meet fast-paced deadlines
- Planning, organization, and time management
Program skills preferred:
- WordPress (or another publishing tool)
- Microsoft Office and online office applications (Google Docs/Drive)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Marketing Cloud or other email marketing system (basic understanding)
- Adobe Creative Suite (basic understanding is a plus)
We have several writing specialist positions available. 20 hours per week with a flexible work schedule between core business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.). We are also open to hiring a one-semester intern for 40 hours per week.
Apply at https://byupathway.lds.org/employment. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of three of your best writing samples, or a link to an online portfolio. Writing samples should illustrate experience writing clear, concise, and captivating copy for one or more of the following mediums: email, blog, news or feature story, press release, etc.
Open Until Filled