The Utah House of Representative Majority Communications office is looking for two creative communications interns who are willing to contribute and provide support with various tasks during the 2019 General Session. The interns will work directly with the communications director to develop and promote communications outreach for the House Majority.
Example of Duties:
- Monitor and track local news
- Draft blog post and newsletter articles
- Film and edit videos
- Design and create graphics and presentations
- Research talking points for numerous topics
Typical Qualifications: In addition to demonstrating a high degree of flexibility and diplomacy in a professional environment, applicants must have a variety of skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of the different social media platforms
- Graphic design or video editing, is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Experience working in a professional office setting.
- Must be able to work extended hours from approximately January 9 to March 23, 2019.
Supplemental Information: SALARY: Stipend, no benefits
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Send a cover letter, resume, 3 references, writing sample, and if available video and/or graphic examples to: