The Guest Services Unit of FamilySearch is seeking student interns to assist patrons in the Family History Library. We are seeking candidates to fill a six-month temporary part-time position with a focus on language needs, family history records, resources, and strategies for southern European ancestry.
We need self-driven, creative thinkers who can:
- Provide quality research advice for guests with southern European ancestry, including French, Portuguese, Italian or Spanish ancestors, at the Family History Library.
- Offer friendly, timely, and accurate service to the public.
- Must be a current student or have recently graduated within the last 12 months.
- High computer skills, especially with Internet searching and FamilySearch products. Competence with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of FamilySearch products (FamilySearch.org; Wiki; Family Tree, etc.)
- Understanding of southern Europeans culture and genealogical methods.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to decipher and translate records in French, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.
- Fluency in speaking French or Portuguese preferred.
- Not-required but helpful — Bachelor’s degree
- 20 hours per week, including some Saturdays and evenings
- Employment will be for 6 months.
- When contacted for an interview appointment, you will be asked to demonstrate document identification, deciphering, and translation skills for southern European languages – French, Portuguese, Italian and/or Spanish.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.