Did you know that some on-campus student jobs can qualify as internships? The work should be professionalizing and project-based. Check out these student jobs available now, and talk to the internship coordinator to see if they qualify as an internship, and for help lining up the internship course/credit.
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST–BYU PRINT AND MAIL. Job ID: 74105
Hourly Wage: $9.00 DOE
-Ability to write clearly, concisely, and compellingly for social media and non-social media initiatives
-Proven track record of organizing and executing social media marketing strategies toward measurable outcomes
-He or she ensures that content created for social media is professional and creative, and that it enhances and supports the brand and reputation of BYU Print & Mail
-Manage daily social media efforts, including execution of social campaigns on a variety of platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Snapchat, etc.
-Work with other marketing team members to create impactful social strategies and content for a variety of clients.
-Manage and create marketing content for social channels.
-Create and maintain a monthly posting and event calendar for all social media activities.
-Organize and coordinate live social media events, chats, hangouts, broadcasts, and more.
-Develop strategy for online media advertising campaigns that are in harmony with offline campaigns.
- Looking for a self-motivated individual with skills and interest in graphic print design.
- Experience on Mac/PC, Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4, InDesign, Acrobat. Experience in Dreamweaver, Fireworks.
- Must be able to work concurrently on several projects, following each one from designing to printing/posting.
- Must be able to work well with others, pay attention to detail, work well under deadlines, have good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic necessary and longevity preferred.
- Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.
Application Instructions: apply online – resume and cover letter required
SOCIAL MEDIA/WRITER: Continuing Ed. Job ID: 74129
Hourly Wage: $9.75
Provide support for the marketing administrator. Assist with social media campaigns including writing and scheduling (blog, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube). Help maintain and monitor an online student community (building profiles, discussion groups, announcements, forms and information). Assist with events. Communicate by phone, in person, and by email with older non-traditional students who are completing their degree at a distance.
-Excellent and proven writing experience is required.
-Prior work experience with social media is required.
-Completed coursework in social media is helpful.
-Experience with Learning Management systems is helpful (Canvas, Learning Suite, Buzz, etc.).
-Creative, punctual, dependable, adaptable.
Application Instructions (please read carefully before applying):
To be considered for this position, you must be able to work the shift/schedule as posted. It is required to work three, four, or five hour shifts everyday between 8-5 (M-F) for a total of 20 hours/week. There may be additional hours available before the start of fall semester. Please do not apply if you cannot work the hours as described. You must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shifts.
Answer all application questions and attach your resume and class schedule for fall semester. Job will be for fall and winter semesters and require at least 20/hours a week (as noted above). Job can continue through spring and summer semesters, longevity preferred.
WRITER/NEWSLETTER MANAGER: College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Job ID: 74078
Hourly Wage: $10+
This position will compile email newsletters that are sent from our college office. Email newsletters go out to current students, alumni and faculty. This person will lead out in this effort with support from other team members (writers, designers, etc.). Attention to detail is crucial for this position. Strong writing skills and/or editing skills are preferred. This position is for 15-20 hours/week in Fall and Winter semesters (with the possibility of more hours before Fall semester starts).
TO APPLY: Please submit 2 writing samples (news article, press release, feature article, etc.) and a current resume.
Questions can be directed to Phyllis Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM ASSISTANT, SIMMONS CENTER FOR CANCER RESEARCH. Job ID: 74001
Hourly Wage: Negotiable
Individual needed to assist Program Coordinator in managing and coordinating the activities of the Simmons Center for Cancer Research (SCCR) located on BYU campus. This position will also assist the Program Coordinator/Race Director in the planning and executing of the Rex Lee Run, and will work closely with the Cougars vs. Cancer group (BYU student association). Primary responsibilities are listed below.
This is a part-time year-round position. The time commitment varies, but peaks specifically from February to mid-April due to the Rex Lee Run.
- Assisting Program Coordinator and Director of the SCCR as needed
- Preparing annual reports and monitoring monthly budget reports
- Assistant oversight of Summer and Year-Round Fellowship programs
- Liaison between Cougars vs. Cancer group and the SCCR
- Assisting in preparations and executions for the Rex Lee Run
- Answering phones, responding to emails, and managing records
- Updating Rex Lee Run and SCCR websites and social media sites when requested
- Working with LDS Philanthropies representatives and assisting with development activities and events
- Soliciting sponsors for the Rex Lee Run
- Self-motivated, reliable, detail-oriented, problem-solver. multi-tasker
- Organized, good time management skills
- Quick learner, follows through on assignments
- Team player
- Communicates professionally with the public, city officials, and across departments within the University
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Social media savvy
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Website management
- Previous race experience
- Event planning
- Non-profit knowledge/experience
- Volunteer leadership/management
Application Instructions: Apply online; attach your resume and cover letter
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.