As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with the indexing operations team and help create, manage, and support indexing projects for FamilySearch International. FamilySearch has hundreds of thousands of patrons helping transcribe and index historical documents. This internship offers an excellent opportunity for a talented student to gain work experience in a fast-paced, results-oriented organization
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the Intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City (Church Headquarters)
- Intern should be currently seeking a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, history, or a related field or have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the listed fields within the past 12 months.
- Excellent data analysis and research skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Some knowledge of technical writing preferred but not required.
- Skilled in the use of standard desktop software, including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop. Also, knowledge of HTML editing is beneficial.
- Knowledge of and experience with FamilySearch indexing is preferred but is not required.
- Fluent knowledge of a language other than English is desired; must be able to communicate and write fluently in English.
Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation. They must sign a Paid Internship Engagement Letter.
Create schedule, and support indexing projects
· Oversee project completion;
· Analyze and improve indexing processes;
· Gather analyze, and report on key metrics
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
APPLY through you lds.org account, select Employment (at the bottom of the page), click on “search and apply” then search by Job ID 205967