The FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Marketing Team is looking for a talented, dynamic and driven social media intern to join our team for the FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2018 season!
Intern will assist Social Media Manager and other Salt Lake Comic Con marketing team members with social media account maintenance, event announcements, content curation, copywriting, customer service, and assorted special projects leading up to FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018.
The Social Media Intern will also serve as a member of the FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018 Social Media Team and will assist in covering the event live on our official social media channels. We hope to provide an excellent opportunity to get hands-on training, gain new skills, and grow your resume at an exciting company.
Current college students who are interested in working for school credit, FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018 passes and perks, and a behind-the-scenes experience at the big event are welcome to apply.
- Candidate should be studying marketing, communication, or a similar field with a strong interest in FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™, geek/fandom culture, and social media marketing.
- Avid social media user. Very comfortable using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr, and others.
- Must be very comfortable using a computer and social media apps.
- A mature, accountable individual with excellent time management and organization skills. Experience using Basecamp is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills including grammar, spelling, and attention to detail and format.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Have access to a personal laptop, a smartphone that can access Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc., reliable internet access, and reliable transportation.
- Experience using Google Docs is a plus.
- Candidates must be attending a college or university and be eligible for school credit, as this is an unpaid internship. Credit can be earned for Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 semesters with cooperation with your internship program. Intern will receive FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018passes and other staff perks for their work and time.
- Our Social Media Intern would need to be available at least 15 – 25 hours per week during office hours (Monday-Friday, anytime between 10 am and 7 p.m.) from April 2018 to September 2018. Depending on their work performance, the intern will be allowed to work on projects from home. Schedule will be determined upon hiring.
- Must be completely available to work on-site at the Salt Palace Convention Center Thursday, September 6 through Saturday, September 8 at the Salt Palace Convention Center for the big event.
- Internship will begin in April 2018 after interviews have been completed, and will end on Monday, September 17, 2018, when a short follow-up meeting will happen after the show.
If you are attending a college or university and are eligible for school credit, please send a cover letter, resume, and any social media examples you’d like to share, in pdf format only, through Indeed.