The Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation is seeking an intern with a passion for outdoor recreation to join the team for a year-long paid internship. This will be an exciting opportunity for anyone who enjoys outdoor recreation and is especially well tailored to university students in fields of study such as parks, recreation and tourism, public administration, or marketing and communications.
This intern should be prepared to work in a team environment, be self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic, and possess good communication skills. The internship is in an office environment and applicants should be proficient in using Microsoft Office programs.
At the completion of the internship, the intern will have gained broad experience with a grant program, event planning, and will have made many connections within Utah’s outdoor recreation and outdoor industry community.
The intern works approximately 20 hours per week with some flexibility to accommodate a school schedule during the academic year; plus free parking or UTA transit pass.
- Organize and keep track of grant projects and their status using project management software
- Help team in organizing events such as grant workshops, UORG advisory committee meetings, and the like
- Assist in brainstorming and planning for events and other ideas for the office and the grant program
- Help to create and organize printed materials, presentation slides
- Conduct research on subjects related to grants and outdoor recreation infrastructure as needed
- Staff booths at events to share information about the Utah Outdoor Recreation Grant program
- Aid in coordination of various email marketing blasts and other office communication as needed
- Help manage and increase social media exposure
- Help to organize contacts and update data in our CRM software programs
- Participate in Office of Outdoor Recreation staff meetings
- May visit various grant project sites with program manager or director
- Other duties as needed
The Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation is a division within the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. Its mission is to ensure that Utahns can live a healthy and active lifestyle through outdoor recreation.