Salt Lake City
Department: Welfare Department
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the Intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
Want experience working on a fast-paced web content team while helping to move forward an incredible cause? We are in need of an Intern for the Welfare Services Department.
This internship (12 months, 40 hrs/wk) will help a current university student or recent graduate gain experience in the web content management and digital media industry to help him/her prepare for a career. Engage in project-based assignments to support the Communications and Digital Solutions team in the Welfare Services department at LDS Church headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Recently graduated (within the last 12 months) or currently studying Communications, English, Writing, or other related area
- Web content writing, editing experience
- Photoshop, InDesign, CMS experience a plus
- Languages a plus
This intern will primarily be responsible for working on content strategy and developing fresh and timely content for Welfare websites and other media. The intern will work with product managers to determine the content needed, work with subject-matter experts to define the content, and work with social media producers and senior editors to refine the content for web publication and new media avenues.
- Help develop content strategy and plans for several divisions and their websites and social channels
- Develop messaging for LDSCharities.org
- Work with humanitarian team to determine newsworthy content for publication
- Write new stories for the site related to signature programs
- Provide direction on new content for the site
- Develop content for LDS Family Services
- Help develop internal training content addressing social, emotional and mental health issues
- Develop new content for various channels addressing social, emotional and mental health issues
- Develop or update content related to aspects of welfare and self-reliance, such as leader resources, emergency preparedness, food storage, and so on.