Assistant Underwriter Summer Internship
Our employees do not have to work on the same thing day in and day out. When someone needs coverage for the unique, the unusual, or the unconventional, they come to us. Leave the mundane auto and life insurance programs to someone else. We’re specialists.
Our employees deliver insurance for everything from kidnapping and ransom to high-speed racing boats, skyscrapers and professional athletes. We even insure extreme sporting events including world famous skiers and athletes performing mid-air twists and turns down a man-made snow hill in the warm streets of California. Our team can write, insure, and finance specialty insurance policies that other companies cannot handle.
With over 50 offices across the US and Canada, we’re the largest independent wholesaler in North America. We even have an office in London and write more business with Lloyd’s of London than any other company. Want to be challenged every day? Join our team.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
At Kaufman Financial Group we’re looking for passionate professionals with all levels of experience. Our Assistant Underwriting Interns will be transacting office business as an Assistant Underwriter would on a daily basis. He or she will rotate between commercial, personal, and professional teams. Initially learning necessary technical skills, they will then transition into non-money endorsements and related work. Depending on their progression they may engage in basic policy renewals. He or she will participate in agent marketing calls and any Insurance Association events that may be taking place during the internship. We will not be creating projects to keep the candidate busy. Rather, we will be engaging them in actual assistant work and they will be contributing to the success of the office.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at an accredited university. Must be Junior or Senior standing.
- Maintains strong academic success (minimum overall GPA of 3.40)
- Solid technical proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Think analytically to respond to complex inquiries and make timely decisions
- Action orientated and successful at prioritizing multiple tasks
- Professional demeanor with superior communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and also in a team environment, with a high degree of initiative, poise, and confidentiality
- Intellectually curious
This is a paid internship opportunity.
About Our Company
The Kaufman Financial Group is a global, forward-thinking specialty insurance organization that includes 14 companies with more than 2,000 professionals at 50 offices across the U.S., Canada and UK. With an ever-broadening group of companies in our portfolio, there is simply not a more unique professional experience in the specialty insurance business than joining one of the Kaufman Financial Group organizations.