Family History Department
Part-time Intern Position – User Guidance Coordinator.
FamilySearch publishes collections of records that lead people to find their ancestors. The User Guidance Unit provides those searching for their family members with assistance in their search. The FamilySearch Wiki articles we create are aimed at beginners and are intended to better help researchers use the digital collections.
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the Intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation. They must sign a Paid Internship Engagement Letter.
- Excellent leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, programs and One Drive
- Experience training groups, either in person or from a distance
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Experience using Computer Markable Language, such as HTML or Wikitext
- OneDrive experience preferred
- Genealogical expertise
- Marketing expertise preferred
Article Creation and Coordination
- Create articles that describe collections published in FamilySearch in the FamilySearch Wiki
- Track the progress of collections towards publication
- Ask Project Management/or Collection Management Operations unit members questions about specific projects as needed
- Coordinate the creation and translation of images in wiki articles
Train and Coordinate Missionaries and Volunteers
- Monitor the progress of missionary tasks and audits
- Train missionaries within our unit and locations outside of Salt Lake City
- Assign specific tasks to missionaries and volunteers according to interest and ability, such as:
- Create wiki articles
- Edit wiki articles
- Perform audits of wiki articles
- Create sample images and add them to articles
- Update articles for newly published collections
- Update tracking and other documents
Metadata Specialist Review
- Compare records requested for acquisition to catalog to prevent duplication
- Create citations for collections published on FamilySearch following genealogical citation standards
- Provide citations to Publication Production for FamilySearch collections
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Applications due by December 8