LOCALIZATION INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY @MULTILING
MultiLing Corporation, a premier international language services and technology company, is pleased to offer a semester-long, unpaid localization internship intended to help students learn about the creation, planning, and processing of short-term patent or technical translation projects. Interns hired for this role will:
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams, to communicate and manage project timelines, resources, and deliverables.
- Develop schedules for project completion that accurately allocate the correct resources to project requirements
- Review project schedules with peers, supervisors, Project Managers, and other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise schedules as required
- Use bilingual files, translation memories and glossaries to prepare translation kits
- Interface with, and coordinate, external language resources in assigning and completing projects
- Find creative ways meet occasionally tight and non-negotiable deadlines
- Recognize each phase of the translation workflow—translation, revision, desktop publishing and quality control—and identify the tasks comprised by each phase
- Ensure that project deliverables arrive on time, remain within budget and meet the required level of quality, while adhering to client expectations
- Foster teamwork by cooperating effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals
- Understand business practices, and follow standards to align with the values of the organization
- Become familiar with international patent laws as they impact project requirements
- Define and execute (with help from a supervisor) an analytic project that results in a presentation with recommendations for addressing issues discovered.
Since this internship is designed to combine an overview of operational practices with a practical academic project, it will likely take the following form:
|Weeks 1-6||Weeks 7-12|
1-2 weeks with project management
1-2 weeks with translation coordination
1-2 weeks with language services
*1-2 optional weeks with either pre-processing or vendor services
6 weeks of independent work (with supervisor) on a relevant project for any of the teams involved in Weeks 1-6
This internship is based in the Provo, Utah office and involves 15-20 hours per week (mornings) of on-site work. MultiLing strongly recommends applicants check with their college or department internship coordinator before applying to see how to earn academic course credits for their work.
To apply, please send a current resume to our HR group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be patient — the selection process takes from three to four weeks. Selected applicants will be notified after that time.