Start date: 11/01/2017
Hourly Wage: $10.00 (DOE)
The award-winning external relations team at the BYU Marriott School of Business looking for students with excellent writing and social media skills to join its staff. Note: Start date is flexible with openings for Winter semester as well.
Prospective candidates must be enthusiastic, organized, and creative self-starters.
Daily responsibilities include writing and editing stories for traditional media outlets (news releases, features, newsletters, annual reports, and Marriott Alumni Magazine) as well as creating content for digital channels (social media and websites).
Students will interface with faculty, students, alumni and other friends of the school; manage multiple deadlines; and assist with special events and projects as needed, including social media campaigns.
External relations interns work directly with seasoned communications professionals, receiving one-on-one mentoring on their projects.
This is the perfect position for dynamic students looking for hands-on communications experience (can count for PR/journalism internship credit).
- Have excellent writing skills (inverted pyramid writing required).
- Be familiar with current and engaging social media trends.
- Have strong interpersonal and interviewing skills.
- Have completed PR, journalism, or editing courses (this is a required qualification).
- Be familiar with AP style and/or Chicago style.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Be self-motivated, creative, and interested in business.
Application Instructions: Apply through the Student Employment Portal (JOB ID 67282) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and three published writing samples. Review and interview of applicants will begin immediately.
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.