Strengthen all BYUtv social media platforms by creating strategic content that fits the brand and personality of our TV shows. This also includes being a voice and liaison to reply, respond, Retweet and engage with audiences online. This includes working on a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and others. This position will report to the Social Media Manager of BYUB.
• Assist in handling social media presence for several TV shows
• Maintain voice, tone and personality of social media brand
• Handle questions, comments and customer service effectively, in writing
• Will also be involved with content creation and cross-promotion of social content across other channels to build and strengthen audiences
• Build regular consistency and trust with fans/followers with information being shared out regarding each individual social brand
• Will need to juggle tasks well and wear multiple hats
• May be involved with contest promotion, execution, follow-up
• Assist the Social Media Manager in any other responsibilities, which may include social media marketing for other BYUB programs, administrative tasks, invoicing, mailing, etc.
• Possibility of doing some social media tasks outside of the office (e.g. live-tweeting or attending events)
Excellent Writer – Must be an exceptional writer, with no spelling errors and able to know how and when to use social media jargon, speak in different voices, and represent a brand effectively.
Social Media Extraordinaire – Must be able to understand and comfortably use various social media platforms and effectively cross-promote content effectively.
Expert Communicator – Know how to portray the correct messages to the correct audience through the correct SM platform. Also, with this position being out-of-the-office part-time, must be great at coordinating with team members remotely and during games.
Organized and Proactive – Due to the nature of the job, this individual must be extremely organized and understand how and when to execute content, campaigns and build relationships with the social audiences.
Graphic Design a plus – Hopefully, this person is comfortable with the Adobe suite, as they will assist in creating content, editing videos and generating appropriate and appealing content to the social media fans/followers.
To learn more and apply, log in at jobs.byu.edu and search
Job ID 67037