BYU Museum of Peoples and Cultures
Date Posted: 09/26/2017
Start date: 10/23/2017
Hourly Wage: TBD
The Promotions Assistant’s responsibility is to increase awareness of the Anthropology department and its programs among the BYU student, faculty, and alumni communities. The Promotions Assistant will aid in communicating department content through social media, print media, and webpages. And, they will draft and implement a marketing plan including a department style guide.
- Inform the community of events related to the Department through the use of social media, websites, BYU affiliated outlets, local newspapers, radio stations, etc.
- Write press releases and coordinate department-wide student emails.
- Attend and represent the department at on-campus informational events (major fairs, career fairs, new student orientation, etc.).
- Update the BYU calendar, FHSS calendar, Department calendar (as well as other online calendars) with Department events.
- Assist in the implementation of events organized by the Department.
Department Web Site/Social media
- Prepare monthly reports for department chair.
- Manage the Department Facebook Page, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Advertising and Promotions
- Implement various forms of advertising media.
- Schedule and man promotional booths.
- Print, place or mail posters, flyers and mailers.
- Plan and submit orders (through department secretary) for promotional items and keep them well-stocked.
- Develop and maintain department brand.
Occasional Special Events outside of regular office operating hours
Must have or obtain a BYU Van driving permit
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.
Login to jobs.byu.edu and search job ID 67003