Part-time (24 hrs/week)
The Information and Communication Services department (ICS) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is seeking a dedicated, creative, detail-oriented person with strong writing skills and an interest in teamwork, relationship building, and problem solving to work as a Communications Intern. The Communications Intern will work closely with the ICS Communications team to support diverse communications on a wide range of messages.
This internship offers an excellent opportunity for a talented student to gain experience working in one of the largest information technology centers in the Wasatch Front. As an intern in the Information and Communications Services Department, you will serve as a role model for members by working with divine guidance in providing technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
This is a paid, part-time internship. The internship is 24 hours a week, starting in August 2017. The internship will be located the Church’s Riverton Office Building (ROB) in Riverton, Utah.
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university studying English, communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or equivalent
- Desktop publishing skills preferred
- HTML knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent research, written and oral communication skills (with the ability to clearly articulate concepts and ideas)
- Persuasive, organized and creative thinking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible, positive, take initiative and demonstrate good judgment
- Interest in computer technology is a plus
- Plan, edit and write content.
- Collaborate on the production of printed materials, presentations, websites, email, videos, and other media and materials as needed.
- Create innovative proposals and solutions based on customer requirements and department goals, messages, and values
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Work with state-of-the art tools to help develop enterprise solutions
- Mentoring from highly-experienced professionals
- Excellent pay
- Medical insurance
- Working as a member of a creative, spiritual and highly-motivated team and culture
- Opportunity to gain practical work experience
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Click HERE to learn more or to apply.