Posting Dates: 06/14/2017 – 06/28/2017
Department: Church History Department
Assist the Global Support and Acquisitions Division (GSA) of the Church History Department in collecting, preserving, and sharing Church history throughout the world. This is a paid, one-year, part-time internship (28 hours per week). The candidate must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated (within one year) from a undergraduate or graduate program.
- Provide assistance to the full-time Global Support and Acquisitions (GSA) staff
- Edit materials received from Church History Advisers
- Review documents for errors and provide feedback on oral histories
- Assist GSA staff in training and managing GSA missionaries
- Assist in the acquisition process, as needed
- Pursuit of bachelor’s degree in Spanish, history, international studies, anthropology, religious studies, or a related field preferred
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Spanish language skills, both written and verbal, required
- Leadership and training experience
- High degree of organizational skills, including scheduling and managing multiple projects
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with historical research methods, oral histories, and a strong interest in international Mormonism preferred
- Familiarity with Latin American cultures helpful
Available to work 28 hours per week. These hours must be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.