|Utah First Credit Union is looking for a part-time Social Media Intern who is passionate about social media, marketing and communications. The ideal candidate is pursuing their degree in social media, marketing, business, communications, and/or a similar field, is a self-starter and eager to dive-in, contribute and learn. This position is a part-time summer internship for 20 hours/week.
DESCRIPTION: The Social Media Intern plays an active role in developing Utah First’s online community in alignment with our mission “to be significant in the lives of our members”. This person will create and publish relevant and engaging content to our member and potential member base. Additionally, they will analyze and report on the activity on social media networks and the Utah First website.
- Coordinate and execute the corporate social media strategy and build Utah First’s social media presence across key channels including Facebook, Instagram, twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Create and execute social media campaigns; create engaging content for all digital channels and develop a content calendar.
- Monitor social media sites and blog posts, respond to comments and reviews, and engage members and potential members to support and improve their Utah First experience.
- Track and report website and social media performance metrics.
- Assist with website optimization, keyword analysis. Identify successful social media practices from competitors and other companies and make recommendations.
- Participate as a Marketing department team member.
- High school diploma; pursuing a degree in communications, social media, business, marketing, or another related field preferred.
- 18-years and older.
- Strong social media skills, both analytical and creative.
- Experience with social media analytics, i.e. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; experience with design software (Adobe, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and some HTML is preferred.
- Strong communication skills; works well with a team.
- No prior banking experience needed
- $12/hour, 20 hours per week for the summer months (Jun-Aug), a great part-time gig!
- Professional experience at a top notch financial institution; work directly with the VP of Marketing.
- Position based right in the heart of Downtown Salt Lake City.
- Lots of training opportunities
- Onsite gym access and a few other perks.
- Beautiful branches, stable company, a tight knit team
- The Utah First story began in 1935 when a group of German immigrants in the Salt Lake area were having difficulty finding anyone to help them with loans to bring their families to America. They decided to found a new credit union. The Utah German American Federal Credit Union was created with 23 member/owners and $115.00.
- In 1996, the name changed to Utah First Federal Credit Union.
- Our founders were onto something when they started Utah First more than 80 years ago. We’ve built our Credit Union around the idea of strengthening our community and creating excellent relationships. Are you ready to be part of it? Apply to work at Utah First today.
- Visit www.UtahFirst.com/Careers
- Utah First is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
- We contact references provided for employment reference checks.
- Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We use E-Verify.