What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This summer internship at Primary Children’s Hospital can be used to design an experience in 1) project improvement, 2) organizational effectiveness, and 3) interpersonal skill development and solidifying communication skills supporting you in your studies. The person best suited for this position needs to be energetic, creative, conscientious and willing to work on process improvement and have problem solving management skills. They will have an opportunity to meet many people throughout the hospital environment and so will need to feel comfortable in patient care areas as well as all other areas of the hospital. The position responsibilities include data collection and monitoring of recently implemented processes and best practices.
If this describes your skill set and interests, please apply.
- Rate of Pay: $17.00
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Temporary position to work full-time, approximately 40 hours per week for 3-4 months. Shifts are Monday through Friday, no weekends.
- Department: Continuous Improvement and Patient Experience at Primary Children’s Hospital
- Additional Details: Intern opportunity, will consider undergrads
- Student in business fields (Healthcare Administration, Communications, HR, Legal, etc.), who is in their fourth year of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Students are required to provide a current transcript to verify education requirement.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
- Experience in a health insurance or health care setting, including experience as a member of a performance improvement or customer service team
- Experience with process improvement initiatives extremely helpful
- Must be concientious and detail oriented
- Must be comfortable working with various individuals and groups
Apply here: https://jobs.intermountainhealthcare.org/res_viewjob.html%3bjsessionid=39631B23D58D562F54AFF5720B8439A1?erjob=325023&eresc=Indeed