Posting Dates: 04/14/2017 – 04/28/2017
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Church History Department
Assist the Library Division of the Church History Department in processing incoming documents from local Church units. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in libraries.
This is a paid internship, which is anticipated to last one year (12 months). This position is a part-time (approximately 28 hours per week) hourly, nonexempt position. The candidate must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from (within the last 12 months), an undergraduate- or graduate-degree program.
The Processing Intern will be responsible to fulfill the following tasks:
· Provide assistance to full-time processing and cataloging staff including processing newly acquired items.
· Develop expertise with the cataloging systems to capture descriptive metadata
· Become familiar with cataloging internal and national standards (AACR2 and RDA)
· Process incoming documents from local church units
o Update catalog records
o Enter, validate, and verify information in electronic databases
· Correspond with local unit leaders regarding their submissions
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Familiarity with PC computers; good understanding of basic computer software: MS Word, Excel, databases
· Sensitivity to information of a confidential nature and respect for the privacy of individuals
· High level of typing accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, solve problems, and seek feedback
· Interest in working in a library environment
· Willingness to dress and present oneself appropriately
· Good communication skills and a pleasing personality
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.lds.org.
Find original posting here: https://careers.lds.org/search/public/jobdetail.aspx?jobid=181679&bid=326&tid=x_65fa50c3-04f4-401a-ba82-206bd1291194