Are you an excellent writer? Want to spend a summer researching and writing about social issues across the world with a team of rad, motivated, and compassionate people? We are looking to hire a team of writers/editors for Ballard Brief, an upcoming publication of briefs on social issues and their problem/solution landscapes. Both part-time and full-time positions are available based on experience, writing ability, and availability. Pay is $10/hr.
- Intensive research on social issues
- Technical writing/content creation about social issues
- Content editing
- Copy editing
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent technical writing skills. Writers with concise, accessible voices preferred
- Ability to approach social issues without bias towards a particular solution or perspective
- Writing experience required, particularly writing in the social sciences/about social issues & current events
- Must be able to work both spring and summer terms
- Knowledge of social impact terminology preferred
- Experience with Chicago/Turabian citation style preferred
- Editing experience a plus
To apply, please send an email to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Writing sample (written by applicant only, not in a team)
- Answers to the questions below:
o Are you interested in a part-time or full-time position?
- If you are interested in part time position, are you available mornings or evenings?
o What day could you start working? What day would you finish working?
o What social issue(s) are you particularly interested in? Why?