June 5, 2017 – August 7, 2016
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s summer intern is responsible for assisting the Development Department with its administrative, presentational, promotional and onsite operational aspects of the Deer Valley®Music Festival. This individual will interact with patrons, individual donors, corporate sponsors, orchestra members and guest artists; therefore, a professional and mature demeanor is required. College students and graduate students with an interest in Arts Management or Non-Profit Fundraising are encouraged to apply.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the Deer Valley®Music Festival VIP program
- Weekday 9-5pm office work in Salt Lake City, UT
- Friday and Saturday night concert duty in Park City, UT (4-10pm)
- Occasional weekday evening event duties
- Tracking RSVP lists for events throughout the summer
- Assisting with Utah Symphony touring
The work schedule is flexible (allowing for days/evenings off each week) and will be negotiated before the internship begins. This is an unpaid internship, but does offer other benefits described below. The candidate would ideally have superior customer service skills when dealing with patrons over the phone and face-to-face. Candidates must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of the design website WordFly and of the ticketing and fundraising database system Tessitura is a plus.
The benefits of a Deer Valley® Music Festival internship include:
- Housing in Park City during weekend Festival work
- Dinners provided during weekend Festival work and at other evening events
- Opportunities to attend performances and receive complimentary/discounted tickets
- Opportunities to meet prominent artists in various music fields
- Increased understanding of the performing arts and arts administration
- Opportunities to interact with top administrative professionals in the performing arts field
Applications are due by Wednesday, March 15. Application materials should include a resume and cover letter. Internships begin June 5 and end August 7, 2017. The internship start date could be flexible depending on the applicant.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information here: http://usuo.org/employment