History Writing Internship
History Writing Intern
More Good Foundation 3 reviews
– Orem, UT
The Mormon Hub family of websites is looking for an intern to manage the History of Mormonism website. The history writing intern will report to the managing editor, and will be responsible for research, writing, publishing, and using social media and search engine optimization (seo) skills to promote content.
- Write articles for “History of Mormonism”
- Search out article ideas and LDS news events to write about
- Edit other writers’ articles
- Mount articles onto WordPress, including adding images and SEO where needed
- Use additional skills to interface with other teams, which could include social media, search engine optimization, art, photography and/or video.
- A commitment to the subject matter; a good understanding of LDS doctrine and practice
- Strong writing, editing, grammar, and communication skills
- Ability to write creatively and logically
- A level of responsibility that makes you punctual in meeting deadlines and work demands
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Background in historical research and analysis. History majors or minors preferred.
Additional Information Please include sample work and/or link to a portfolio
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Position: Part Time
- Location: Orem, UT
- Office Hours: 20 hours/wk — hours are flexible to work around classes or other employment
- Compensation: TBD