Assist the Global Support and Acquisitions Division (GSA) of the Church History Department in collecting, preserving, and sharing Church history throughout the world. This is a paid, one-year, part-time (28 hours per week) internship.
- Provide assistance to the full-time Global Support and Acquisitions staff
- Edit materials received from Church History Advisers
- Quality-check and provide feedback on oral histories
- Assist GSA staff in training and managing GSA missionaries
- Assist in the acquisition process, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in history, international studies, anthropology, religious studies, or a related field preferred
- Experience with historical research methods, oral histories, and a strong interest in international Mormonism preferred
- Familiarity with Asian and/or Pacific cultures and languages not required, but helpful
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership and training experience
- High degree of organizational skills, including scheduling and managing multiple projects
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Available to work 28 hours per week. These hours must be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.lds.org.
Apply here: https://careers.lds.org/search/public/jobdetail.aspx?jobid=168526&bid=326&tid=x_109c432b-f0e9-4ec0-b813-18772a408966