A part-time, unpaid internship in graphic design is available in Riverton, Utah.
Job Summary: If you love working in a highly creative atmosphere with amazing people, you’ll love working at Stampin’ Up! Here you’ll produce a variety of design projects relating to events and printed catalogs, as well as create materials that are consistent with the company brand and that market events and products effectively and creatively. Even better, your work will be showcased in markets across the world!
Essential Job Functions:
- Create high quality designs across media types. Projects may include printed catalogs, logos, secondary graphics, event sets and environments, signage, keynote presentations, printed collateral, video and animation graphics, visual aspects of way finding programs, logo merchandise, etc.
- Participate in creative strategy meetings with various stakeholders to determine project specifications and develop concepts and execution timelines.
- Under general supervision, create innovative designs and determine layouts, including photo selection, placement, theme, type selection, size, color, and overall look and feel for pieces produced for the first time.
- Participate in design reviews with team, manager, Creative Director, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Supervise photography to be used in assigned projects; work with photographer to ensure that the composition, colors, and subject matter meet the requirements of the project.
- Supervise printing and/or production of projects; visit printer and/or vendor while job is in production to check for accuracy in color, registration, and quality so pieces are well designed, professionally produced, and error free.
- Communicate daily with Catalog/Events Design Manager and team members.
- Currently studying to receive a BA/BFA in graphic design, illustration, exhibit design, or related field from an accredited university or college. Preferably a Junior or Senior, but all applicants will be considered.
- Expertise with Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.). Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in layout, typography, color theory, and design principles.
- Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, multi task, and work within specific timeframes.
- High degree of initiative with an ability to work independently. And a willingness to share ideas and contribute in a team environment.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!