Position Title: Content Marketing Intern
Status: Part Time, 20 hours/week
Location: ObservePoint Home Office – Provo, UT
Department Name: Marketing
It’s true that ObservePoint is yet another tech startup in Utah’s ever-booming Silicon Slopes, but here are some things you should know about us:
- Working here is challenging, and you’ll love it. Our teams are small, so you get to wear many hats and have real opportunity to make an impact
- ObservePoint is on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 list and has been on MWCN’s Fastest Growing Companies in Utah three times
- Our founders are true tech pioneers: John Pestana, co-founder of Omniture which was acquired by Adobe and became Adobe Analytics, and Rob Seolas, who co-founded iLeadMeadia which was acquired by Think Partnership
- Personality and productivity play a large role in the hiring process, so basically everyone who works here is really cool and highly effective
What do we do?
Our mission is to make the lives of digital marketers and analytics teams easier. We are an automated platform that validates marketing tags and optimizes digital analytics implementations. Our goal is to establish a repeatable process that aligns teams and technologies.
Have you ever browsed a website only to have ads for an item you looked at start following you around the internet? Clearly some digital force is aware of your every online move. They’re called tags: little pixel-sized tracking beacons that are embedded in the coding on web pages to capture and report site activity. Sometimes these tags break because human error interferes with their tracking abilities, leaving marketers blind about what’s working or not in order to better serve your online needs.
At ObservePoint, we make sure those tags are functioning properly. Our patented technology allows us to audit the digital tags on a website and check for functionality. We locate and report on any errors or potential issues and can even set up proactive alerts to notify site owners when things break. And who cares about tags breaking? All the biggest brands in the world, many of whom are our clients:
Adobe, Comcast, Ford, HPE, Harley-Davidson, Texas Instruments, Overstock.com, and Johnson & Johnson (just to name a few).
The ObservePoint Marketing department is looking for a dedicated and ambitious writer to join the Content team. The content marketing intern will work directly with the Director of Content and Communications and the Content Manager to write content for various long and short-form mediums, assist with public relations initiatives, and help manage social media accounts.
This internship is primarily a writing position that will also offer the opportunity to learn a wide range of content and digital marketing initiatives.
- Writing blog posts, press releases, eBooks, and other types of marketing content
- Assisting with writing and editing web copy, email copy, and product video scripts
- Writing and publishing local and national press releases
- Assisting with content coordination for events
- Managing ObservePoint’s social media accounts, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram via Hootsuite
- Supporting the Content department with other marketing initiatives as needed
- Pursuing a BA/BS in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Very strong written communication and editing skills
- Passion for writing, research, and editing
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Positive and ambitious attitude
- Willingness to help with multiple disciplines of a marketing team
- Experience writing and publishing content regularly to a blog or website
- Familiarity with marketing-styled writing
- Knowledge/interest in marketing technology or the web analytics industry
- Experience managing social media
Click the button below and fill out your information. IMPORTANT: Please provide writing samples by attaching them with your resume or by pasting a link in the website, blog, or portfolio field in the application.
ObservePoint Company Description
As companies become increasingly dependent on digital data, how often do we stop to question the accuracy of the data that’s driving our business decisions?
In 2010, John Pestana and Rob Seolas set out to create a proprietary MarTech validation solution and reliable tag governance process that could ensure data-driven businesses were, in fact, collecting accurate data to guide their decisions and to better connect with their audience.
Today, ObservePoint helps the world’s leading enterprises validate and manage their data implementation and collection processes—ensuring they’re making data-driven decisions that are accurate and effective.
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through enterprise solutions for analytics management and tag governance. Using proprietary technology to scan websites and apps for data-collection errors, ObservePoint is an automated platform that validates marketing tags and optimizes digital analytics implementations to give you accurate and actionable data.