$12 an hour, Temporary, Internship
Imagine Learning teaches language, literacy, and mathematics to the children of the world, changing lives and opening doors of opportunity.
Imagine Learning creates engaging educational software to teach language, literacy, and mathematics to grades K–12. The Curriculum technical writing team operates at the heart of this effort, providing documentation, copyediting, and printed materials for efficacious content. Three interns hired for the Technical Writing internship will participate first-hand in preparing educational text for publication, developing documentation to support the production of learning games and online lessons, and creating offline lessons and materials using Adobe InDesign.
May (from date of hire) through August (to the end of the semester)
20 hours/week, choosing between two shifts: 8 a.m.–12 p.m. or 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Some flexibility to work out other arrangements, within the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday.
Compensation: $12 /hour
The ideal candidate will
- be in their senior year of a Bachelor’s program, working toward a degree in English, Linguistics, Spanish, or any field with a strong emphasis on language and communication.
- have excellent writing and editing skills, as demonstrated by coursework and/or applicable work experience.
- function independently in InDesign, within existing styles and templates and with direction/oversight. Asking good questions and collaborating with the lead writer on the project to improve existing styles and templates is encouraged.
- be a self-starter that proactively asks questions and seeks reasonable solutions to roadblocks.
- have technical aptitude and be excited to learn more about the production of software.
- be comfortable communicating with audio, art, instructional design, and development teams to glean information and produce supporting documentation.
- accept mentorship and regular feedback.