Stewart Cascade is looking for an enthusiastic editorial intern to join our team. We are a company that specializes in personal and organizational transformation.
With this internship, you’ll hone your writing and editing skills as well as gain marketing experience. Since you’ll be working as an independent contractor, you’ll also be able to work remotely, only coming into the office once a week for a team coordination meeting. Your hours will also be flexible and depend on the projects that need to be completed that week.
Ideal candidates will not only have experience in both copyediting and substantive editing but also a knack for adopting the appropriate writing voice for very different projects.
Hours: Varies but the average will be around 5-10 hours/week
Hourly Wage: $11/hour
- Edit the content and usage in course curriculum, email promotions, and postings on our website
- Work with managing editor to write additional chapters for the company’s wellness courses
- Assist the managing editor in writing, editing, and implementing the company’s marketing strategies
- Conduct scholarly research and synthesize the information in concise writeups
- Manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Editing minor: Preference will be given to candidates that have taken ELANG 350
- Editing and writing experience: Preference will be given to applicants that have experience in technical writing and/or writing within the social sciences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to self-manage time and meet deadlines
- Must be reliable and dependable
How to apply:
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14th. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an editing test.