The mission of this position is to help Church members fulfill their divinely appointed responsibility to discover their families through family history methods, submit their names to the temple for saving ordinances, and to help bring souls unto Christ.
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used to enhance personal and professional experiences for the Intern. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City (Church Headquarters)
Responsibilities may vary by assignment depending on need. Under supervised direction the Intern will:
- Recruit, onboard and off-board Language Support missionaries
- HR administrative work for Language Support missionaries
- Conduct training meetings for missionaries
- Plan and facilitate indexing training events and webinars
- Manage small online language help communities
- Other assignments and projects as directed
- Intern should be currently seeking a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, language arts (including English), family history, or a related field or have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the listed fields within the past 12 months
- Excellent communication, computer and organizational skills
- Experience with FamilySearch Indexing is preferred
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Skilled in the use of Excel, PPT and Word software programs.
- Ability in a second language is helpful.
- Experience with FamilySearch indexing is preferred but is not required.
ID 219766, Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posting Dates: 10/19/2018 – 11/16/2018
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Family History Department
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Application instructions: Go to our career site at careers.lds.org and search for job id 219766.