Department: Family History Department
The Operations Division of the Family History Department is looking for a writer who can work at Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City. You may be a good fit if you:
- Love figuring out how to do new things and enjoy teaching others how to have that same experience.
- Can turn complexity and uncertainty into simplicity and confidence.
- Have good writing skills and use a style that that is simple, conversational, and focused on what matters to your user.
A Typical Day in This Job
You will be creating and editing content for support missionaries and church employees who are based throughout the world. These individuals support the family history efforts of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Specifically, the familysearch.org website, family history mobile apps, family history centers, indexing, and other projects and products. You will also be creating content on how to use the tools necessary for these individuals to be successful.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using content authoring and management systems to test, write and maintain content that is used in social media, knowledge base, and other channels.
- Working with engineering teams and product specialists to verify and create content.
- Understanding current industry best practices in social media support, technical communications, and related fields.
- Submit content for translation using established processes.
- Developing relationships of trust with team members, subject matter experts, data analysts, product managers, engineers, user experience designers, marketing staff, support staff and others.
- An intern position requires that you are enrolled in school currently, or graduated within the past year.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in technical writing, English, journalism, communications, instructional design or a related field.
- Good English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exposure to technical writing, instructional design, and standard operating procedure creation and documentation.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and cloud-based authoring systems.
If you believe you can be successful in this role, we would like to hear from you. Feel free to include anything in your application that shows what a great fit you would be for this position.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.