Meetinghouse Facilities Department
Working under the direction of the internal communications manager for the Meetinghouse Facilities Department (MFD) and in collaboration with associates in the Solution and AMP Support (SAS) division, the communications intern is responsible for the development and deployment of all assigned communications materials required in support of Church priorities, projects, and programs assigned to MFD.
The communications intern will:
•Develop concepts, copy, and finished products for media channels as required, including email, blog, digital monitors, intranet, presentations, surveys, etc.
•Manage multi-faceted projects simultaneously by prioritizing and organizing the work to deliver projects on time, on budget, on message, and without defect.
•Consult and coordinate with team members to assure strategic success across a range of communications activities and assignments.
•Provide assistance in other SAS division projects and activities as assigned.
- An undergraduate student, in junior or senior year (i.e., completed sophomore year)
- Pursuing a preferred major in public relations, journalism, communications or similar degree
- Knowledge of Chicago Style Guide or AP Style Guide a plus
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others and individually as needed
- Basic understanding and use of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint a plus)
- Preferred availability to work up to 20 hours/week for up to one year.
Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation.
- Creating content, seeking approvals and posting articles for the department’s blog and intranet site
- Maintaining and updating an employee distribution list, and assisting with analyzing communications channels
- Formatting, securing approvals, and distributing department emails
- Writing, editing and creating content as desired (e.g., presentations, scripts, email, e-newsletter, digital monitors, etc.) for the department
- Providing logistical support for the department’s Town Hall meetings
- Performing other communication-related tasks as assigned by the internal communications manager.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.