As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with the Indexing Operations Team and help create, manage, and support indexing projects for FamilySearch International. FamilySearch has hundreds of thousands of patrons helping transcribe and index historical documents. This internship offers an excellent opportunity for a talented student to gain work experience in a fast-paced, results-oriented organization.
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the Intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Some knowledge of technical writing preferred but not required.
- Skilled in the use of standard desktop software, including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop.Also, knowledge of HTML editing is beneficial.
- Knowledge of and experience with FamilySearch Indexing, and genealogical research processes are preferred but is not required.
- Fluent knowledge of a language other than English is desired; French would be helpful; must be able to communicate and write fluently in English.
- Receive, manipulate, and prepare data for publication
- Oversee project workflow and completion
- Analyze and improve workflow and indexing processes
- Gather, analyze, and report on key metrics