Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US
Job Category: Staff, part-time (in office)
Position Type: Intern
Competitor Research Intern | Job Description
Data is what drives strategic marketing. This paid internship is an opportunity for a budding marketer, researcher, or user experience specialist to dive deep into a competitive set and uncover key differences that will enable WGU to develop customer and user experience excellence well beyond those competitors. If you’re looking for a brand experience and a portfolio project, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
You’ll work within a specified research project scope but also maintain a level of autonomy in how you choose to document and report findings. As the sole owner of this research project, you’ll be expected to:
- understand and attempt to embody a set of personas
- structure your data in a way that is organized yet malleable
- use all forms of consumer behavior to gather data—including search, chat, voice, messenger, etc
- clearly compare and contrast the user experience between competitive brands
- articulate findings in a final report designed to support marketing efforts
- present key learnings to marketing as a culmination activity
Flexibility is a benefit, as the chosen candidate will be able to work between 15-30 hours per week, with provided tools and technology, until the project scope is completed. The estimated time commitment is 2-3 months.
As the chosen candidate, you’ll gain the opportunity to:
- drive a project independently while gaining exposure to digital brand marketing and user experience strategy
- learn about competitor research, competitive sets, product personas and audience management
- see how data drives decision-making
- experience how different types of technology are driving consumer behavior changes
- see how online consumer marketing is evolving and innovating around technology developments
- work amidst in-house marketing capabilities such as social media, website design, content strategy, SEO, paid search, brand creative, testing and more.